Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Inkblot test

With a few unexpected extra hours before I have to go to the hospital I thought I'd do a few on-line tests .. I quite like the Tickle site (even though it has more adverts these days than it used to .. .. )

I did the Inkblot test which is based on the original Rorschach test

I wont be buying the detailed report, but I rather like the summary:

  • You have a deeply-rooted desire to make peace in the world. Whether through subtle interactions with loved ones, or through getting involved in social causes, it is important to you to be able to influence the world in a positive way. You have a deep respect for humankind. You care about the future of the world, even beyond your own involvement in it, and you inspire others to feel the same way. Your innate drive toward peace guides you in daily life towards decisions that are respectful toward yourself and others. Your psyche is very rich; the more you learn about it, the more you will understand who you really are...

hmm - cute, eh!

You can try it yourself here, and see if we all get the same thing! BUT be warned about the adverts! http://uk.tickle.com/

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My unconcious mind is most driven by reserve.

You approach the world with reserve because unconsciously, and perhaps consciously, you like to be in control. You keep your emotions to yourself and you may seem mysterious or enigmatic to others. You're often very cautious about truly expressing yourself. Even people who have known you for some time may find it hard to get close to you. Your psyche is very deep and rich; the more you learn about it, the more you will understand who you really are...

Hmmm... that probably is reasonably accurate. I am quite mysterious and one of the things I've realised of late is that I quite like the fact that people dont quite know what I'm thinking. Especially close friends. I like the fact that they think they know me, when in fact, they can be wholly inaccurate sometimes.

That makes me sound a bit devious and sly. I'm not. I just dont like the fact that people can talk about me and my feelings confidently. Only I know me, truly me, and I quite like it that way.

:)

P.S. Grrrr to the adverts.

suze said...

oh well - at least it's not exactly the same whatever you post

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Apart from the last line... suggesting we need to learn more about our psyche... suggesting, perhaps, we should purchase the complete report... lol. Or is that me being cynical?

Thinking about you while your "incommunicado".

xxx

Anonymous said...

I am full of questions about life, people and my own potential. I spend more time than others imagining the possibilities for my life. I'm open to things others are too afraid to consider. I have an almost physical need to know and do more. It's only through new experiences that I feel a greater understanding of myself and the World. I have a rebellious streak that shows up when I feel unable to truly influence the World or circummstances around me. My appetite for novel experience also shows an openess others dont have -but wish they did. My psyche is very rich and needs to buy their product for the good of all humankind.
So to recap I'm insecure, neurotic, flighty and a pain when thwarted.

Anonymous said...

Susan,

My report was word for word the same as yours. Weird.

x x

Anonymous said...

Mark, not weird, I was obviously a cuckoo egg.

Anonymous said...

Julie,


A bit harsh on yourself, that is a family trait. So, no you are not a cuckoo.

xx

suze said...

hey - I like these!

Yours is very interesting Julie - out of us three you are the one who's done the most studying, doing new training etc etc through your entire career !

Anonymous said...

True enough