Tuesday, November 14, 2006

teaching

OK - I know this is going a bit off the point, but teaching is so central to me I just need to share this ... even tho I admit I can be a bit sentimental about teaching, I'll make no more apology for it.

Thanks to Anne Calico for sending me this lovely thing ...

  • On my wall - by Julian of Norwich (who was a nun in the Middle Ages, or around then).
  • This is what you do when you teach.


    Be a gardener.

    Dig a ditch,

    toil and sweat,

    and turn the earth upside down

    and seek the deepness

    and water the plants in time.

    Continue this labour

    and make sweet floods to run

    and noble and abundant fruits

    to spring.

    Take this food and drink

    and carry it to God

    as your true worship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing is that the homely mystic Dame Julian came into my mind when I first read Suze’s blog, especially her saying “…and [God] also showed me a little thing, the size of a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand. It seemed to me as round as a ball. I gazed at it and thought, ‘What can this be?’ The answer came thus, ‘It is everything that is made.’”

suze said...

thanks for that michael,

sorry it's taken me a while to check the comments in here,but better late than never ..

:)