Friday, October 13, 2006

badgery funk

Scott, bless him -- has put this in his lates e-mail:
  • On a serious note – now you’ve turned into a religious nutter and all that...
erm -- cheeky boy! I hope I'm NOT a nutter - but still -- here are a few things it means to me to be being alert to spiritual dimensions in my life .. most of these are taken from a book called Scientific Healing Affirmations by Paramahansa Yogananda.

Calling on God does not mean that I am passive, inert or credulous and I am not minimizing the power of my own mind. I can call on will power, faith, reason and common sense to rid myself of this disease. [page 5]

I concentrate more on the possibility of cure than the gripping power of the disease – this keeps the illness to its physical realm and denies it any mental power. [page 8]

Patience and attentive, intelligent repetition of affirmations are wonder-workers. I will make the belief in my good health / cure a part of my profound intuitional conviction. It will be better to die, if death has to come, with the conviction of perfect health than the thought that this cancer is incurable. [page 11]


Death is the inevitable outcome for all human bodies, but its appointed hour can be changed by good habits and the power of mind and soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you know I have been dancing all weekend.... We reached a point where we were suspended in the web of being and Alex (my 5 Rhythms teacher) invited us to send a little shiver or tremble out through the threads to the people we love. I hope you felt the weave around you vibrate with love and healing. (of course it did whether you felt it or not!) Lx