Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Shrine


This is the shrine we made this weekend.
The fabric is a really lovely red and gold traditional pattern that we bought in Shelton.

The picture at the back is one that Anadi gave to me.

On the shelf is a very eclectic mix of special things that we love.

At the back is a lovely bronze sun with a sanskrit shlock about the sun written around it,and the Om sign in the middle.

Next to that is a picture from a set of cards I bought with chants to learn on one side a lovely Indian pictures on the front. This set also includes CDs and mini-cymbals so we can learn the chants.

In front of those two things are the rune stones that Liz carved for us. Also from Liz is the little glass with wax beads in that she made using petals from our wedding flowers.

I dont think you can see them in the photo, but next to the runes stones there are two little copper figures that I got in Italy last year . These represent the ancient Etruscan sites that we visited there, the amazing Necropolis / tombs which vividly represent their life and times which pre-date the Roman civilisation in Italy.

Next along is a beaded lamp which we think is safe enough to allow us to burn a tealight in the shrine (eek - we will not leave it unsupervised!)

Next to the lamp at the back are some momentoes of Callanish and the standing stones that we have found so enchanting and special whenever we have been in the Outer Hebrides.

In the back corner are the angels that my students have sent for me.

On the front you can see a sparkly elephant that I bought cos I've got a real thing about elephants at the moment ...

Last but not least, on the front are some cupped hands and crystals from Anadi's shop that Keith helped me to choose for my healing.

We've also fixed it that there are only lovely things on the shelves under the fabric .. like poetry, art books and our spiritual texts.

No comments: