Monday, October 02, 2006

New Blog

I'm branching out a bit into this SECOND blog for the more spiritual, religious angles and some inspirational stuff about being a survivor.

People who want to add inspirational quotations and spiritual thoughts can leave them here, and it will leave suzeworld for the more general stuff...


The blog title - Take Heart is lifted from Alan Bennett since it is how he closes his chapter about his own experience of bowel cancer ...

he writes:
  • .. more than anything I have written or otherwise achieved in my life, against all sense and logic I feel pride in having come through, or come this far. Unlike so many others, much worse afflicted, I did not even have to fight. Yet I am thereby enrolled as a member, I hope a long term member, of an exclusive aristocracy of those who have survived cancer.
  • Thankfully it is a growing aristocracy,and one day, I'm sure, such survival will seem commonplace and hardlyworth mentioning. Meanwhile I am one of the many who are here when they did not expect to be here.
  • Take heart.

I hope to join him in that commonplace-aristocracy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my dear Susan you most certanly will,love Dad xx